Friday, November 09, 2007

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming 'Greatest Scam in History'

I won't quote much from this post, though I suggest reading the whole thing. I will, however, highlight this one bit:
In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious. As the temperature rises, polar ice cap melting, coastal flooding and super storm pattern all fail to occur as predicted everyone will come to realize we have been duped. The sky is not falling.
This is where I'm perhaps a bit overly cynical. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the alarmists really don't believe their dire predictions will come true. They just want to scare everybody enough to get their solutions implemented so that when it becomes clear the planet isn't doomed they can then say "See, it worked! That shows we need more of it!"

h/t Confederate Yankee